Saturday, October 1, 2011

Do I need to pay tax when shopping online at amazon ?

I want to buy a laptop at amazon. Do I need to pay tax ? The last time I shop online was so long I don't remember if I paid tax or not.





Also how is tax rules apply to online shopping.





Thanks for your answers|||It depends if you live in the same state as where Amazon operates. For example if you live in Washington state, Amazon will collect state sales tax.





If a company does not collect taxes you are suppose to report the purchase and pay the taxes yourself.





Legally you are suppose to pay the taxes but Amazon only collects sales taxes from the states they operate in ie WA, NY, ND. Since you are in CA Amazon will not collect taxes. You as are suppose to go through the hassle and pay the sales tax to your bankrupt state...share the wealth ;)|||I believe your question about taxes have been answered.





However since you are into online shopping there is a system called Shop it To Me.





Its powered by company that's partnered with 90% of the clothing retail stores. Its simple all you do is sign up, select the brands that you are interested in, select your shoe, dress, pants, shirt, belt sizes and they send you an email notifying you of any current sales that match your preferences.





The great part about this is...for every 10 friends you tell about it and they register they email you a $10.00 gift card for stores like Old navy , Gap Banana Republic, Macy's , just to name a few.Below is my link so that you can try it out for yourself...





I doubted at first but I bought my entire summer beach wear from the gift cards i got back and i literally didn't pay a cent.

No comments:

Post a Comment