Saturday, October 1, 2011

How can i stop my shopping and spending habits?

I pay all my bills first, but after, shopping is like my hobby. Since I work full time and live by myself.





How can I stop going shopping?|||I was able to break myself from overspending by not taking my wallet in with me when visited malls (I either left it in the trunk, or put it under the mat in my car). Then, if I saw something I really liked, I had to walk all the way to the car, and I'd ask myself "Is this a want or a need?". Sometimes I'd return and buy the item, but most times I did not.|||Don't stop shopping. Stop BUYING. This is easier if you leave your checkbook, all cards, and most of your cash at home. If you are not carrying any form of payment, you are less likely to spend.|||Steven is right. Your problem is "buying".


Cut up your credit cards, shop (don't buy) on line when you "need" something (not "want") take cash with you to the mall, and you can't spend more then you have.|||I put my shopping habit to work for me, and started mystery shopping. I get to shop for all sorts of things, and get paid to do so.





Sometimes I even get to buy, and my purchase price is reimbursed! I've eaten at nice restaurants for free, shopped for shoes, and even gone to a baseball game, all for just filling out a survey, and writing about my experience!





A great place to hook up with a bunch of Mystery Shop Providers is PremierShoppers.com. They even offer a free webinar series on how to be a better shopper.

No comments:

Post a Comment