Saturday, October 1, 2011

When do you start your Christmas shopping?

I am about to start my christmas shopping in a few weeks..I think its easier to start buying now than to try to come up with all the money the week before..lol when do you start christmas shopping?|||I really need to start mine asap...I am going to start probably next weekend! I am thinking about next year starting right after christmas..that way I have all year to get gifts!!|||I make my lists for the boys early but i never get to shop until Black Friday and thereafter.





Last year I got almost everyone on Black Friday which was awesome.





In November 2007, I had Riley 8 weeks early. We were in %26amp; out of the NICU visiting him everyday so I never got to shop. The NICU called me Christmas Eve day and i asked if I wanted to bring him home (he was already there 4 weeks) and i said "I will be there in a few hours, I have to finish my Christmas shopping!" Once I brought him home, I knew I wouldnt be going ANYWHERE so I had to get it done quickly before we went to pick him up!





Bringing him home Christmas Eve was the BEST Christmas present we've ever received (well, it's tied with having Tyler the week before so we were home for Christmas when he wasn't due until after Christmas)|||Usually I am an 'after Thanksgiving' person. We have a big family party on Thanksgiving and that is the start of the Christmas season for me. I have a hard time shopping beforehand...it seems wrong to me! But this year I will have to rethink my plan, I am due between Oct 31st and Nov 11th (new due date/old due date) and it might be a little harder to run around and do my shopping with a 3-yo, a 15m-o, and a newborn. So I might need to start much sooner this year! Good for you for starting early. It is better for the wallet for sure. PS: I have an Ethan too :)|||I haven't gone shopping yet with the sole intent of buying Christmas presents, but I have picked up a few things already that I saw when I was out and thought they would be perfect. My daughter just had a birthday, so I picked up a couple things for her for Christmas, as well as something for my sister. I usually start in late Nov., early Dec., but as I get older I feel better getting some done earlier. Especially for my daughter, cuz she's the easiest to shop for!|||I read once that when you buy a birthday gift to buy an extra gift for that person, because you are thinking about them at that moment, then when Christmas comes you will have your shopping done. I tried it one year and it was great, having everyone a gift for Christmas without the major cash lay out at Christmas. I used my closet to hide the gifts when they were small. As they got older I started using the trunk in the car to hide the gifts. They never looked there. Let me be the first to wish every one a Merry Christmas, 4 months from today, 122 days. Yikes!|||All year to be honest haha.


I mean I'll see something and I'll be like ermm so and so would love that, and buy it for their Christmas present and this could be like May. But seriously, even though I have only have my husband and 12 yr old daughter, the rest of my family is huge. And then there are the friends. I have to start buying way early.|||I start the moment our Christmas club funds come in. This is usually the first week of October. We usually finish up on Black Friday. I have been getting it done asap since I was pregnant with the twins(doc said if I went into labor after Thanksgiving I would be delivered) and find it so much easier.|||I don't think I ever STOP Christmas shopping... If I see something for anybody, I buy it. I give it to them for their birthday or Christmas, whichever is sooner.





The bulk of my Christmas shopping I do Thanksgiving weekend. Since before I was in high school, we have a tradition where the ladies spend a weekend at the outlets (North Conway, NH) and shop til we drop.|||I started in late July. Last year around Christmas I was having a baby, moving and I lost a great deal of money due to bad investments so I didn't have a very good Christmas for my 6 year old. This year I decided to make up for it and i've been getting each kid 2 gifts a month for Christmas and in December i'm going to buy the rest.|||Well if I'm out shopping in the fall and I see something that I want to get for them, then I'll grab it, but I really don't like to do any Christmas shopping until it's just about Christmas time. The reason for this is because I have a very sneaky 4 year old who can and will find hidden presents.|||I've already started, lol. Whenever I'm out and I see something that one of the kids would like, I pick it up and put it away for Christmas.





That way, I'm already done weeks before Christmas, and not have to deal with tons of people in a store and possibly not finding what I'm looking for.|||i dont start until black friday i think they rush the holidays way to much espically christmas and i dont want anything to do with christmas until black friday





i mean whatever happend to thanksgiving...that holiday just gets blown over in stores








and its not even labor day and theres halloween stuff out





its stupid|||Sometimes I have started the day after Christmas....great sales :)


But I usually start about now at the latest. I have already bought some Christmas presents for my husband and my youngest daughter. When I see something I know they want and it's a good deal, I buy it and hide it.|||I normally get somethings in September,October and the beginning of November. But, I start my major shopping on Black Friday(day after thanksgiving) I wake up bright and early and get about 70 % of my shopping done on just that one day!|||My husband and I were just talking about this earlier. We are going to start this weekend. My side of the family only buys for the children and his side buys for everyone. Its easier to start early for his side of the family. :)|||Black Friday. We save money, scout out the sales and do 90% of our shopping the day after Thanksgiving. The other 10% is usually gift cards to send to family who don't live close.|||We start picking up things here and there in october, but we do a lot of it at the last minute plus we both get a bonus around that time so it helps.|||The day after Christmas; can't beat some of the sales. We spread it out over the year, less pressure and it makes things easier on the wallet. Bought quite a few things this past weekend.|||I want to start a few months ago. lol But i want to do the same thing. I have 3 girls... so i need to. Start now. We all should.|||I normally start in November. I start saving money earlier, but I don't do the actual shopping until closer to Christmas.|||I start really shopping around in early october, but if I see something good at anytime of the year I buy it and save it for christmas.|||2nd week of December :) I shop better under pressure....always have, always will! I also get a holiday bonus at that time, so I have some money.|||I dealy you start right after christmas when everything is marked down 90% but who has money after christmas.|||In the January sales - then all through the year when I see a good bargain or hear someone mention something they would like. It certainly spreads the load.|||Whenever I think of a good gift for a particular person. It could be very early or very late. Depends on when I have that inspiration.|||All year around. Whenever I go by a store and I know a friend or relative may like it for a birthday or christmas I buy them it.|||Decemeber 1st - Decemeber 19th|||Normally between Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. We will have a newborn at that time this year so I've already started.|||December 24th LOL|||usually about two day before christmas|||Christmas eve and man oh man does it piss the wife off.

No comments:

Post a Comment